“The Princess Louisa” was named after the youngest daughter of King George II of England. Built-in 1733, for the service of the East Indian Company, the ship was one of the largest and most beautiful ships in the British Merchant marine. She left Portsmouth on the 20th of March, 1743 accompanied by The Winchester. She was loaded with woolen textiles for Persia, mixed goods for Bombay and a large load of ivory – 822 elephant tusks in all. But the most valuable part of the cargo was a chest full of Spanish American Reales. “The Princess Louisa” struck reefs near the Isle of May. The details of the wreck were recorded by Stephen Lightfoot, the ship’s surgeon. In the end, only 41 people survived the shipwreck, the other 74 passengers were lost. Recovery operations were explored through the 1700s but it was not until 1998 a well-known archeological recovery company, the ARQUEONAUTUS, in collaboration with Oxford U.